BPA J&J (Biuro Projektów Architektury J&J) is the architecture office owned and launched by authors' team Jerzy Janczak and Jerzy Skrzypczak, originated from Constructions' Projects Office “WARCENT” and the City Design Office “WARCENT”.
Author's cooperation inaugurated in 1975, resulted in accomplishment of several construction projects important for Warsaw. The result of this cooperation were years of studies and projects in the West of the Centre of Warsaw in the quarter streets: Wspólna, Chałubińskiego, Jana Pawła II, the Świętokrzyska, Emilia Plater.
To the most important buildings constructed in this period, in the area of West of the Centre of Warsaw include:
- Commercial Bank and Foreign Trade Head Offices – building 140 m high, of total area 83 000 m2 and cubature 275 000 m3.
- LIM Center including Marriott Hotel – building 140 m high, of total area 114 000 m2 and cubature 411 000 m3.
and in subsequent years:
- Centre for banking and office "Kaskada" building at Złota Street of total area 23 000 m2.
As a result of the political transformation in Poland which created new conditions for creative activities in the field of architecture, requiring the design activity - investment team of authors founded in 1990. own office – Biuro Projektów Architektury J&J [BPA J&J].
Among designed and implemented projects of the BPA J&J should be enumerated the following:
- Design of high-rise building Warsaw Financial Center executed in cooperation with American team Kohn, Pedersen, Fox and Epstein & Sons, of total area 72 000 m2, 156 m high, situated at Emilia Plater Street / Swiętokrzyska Street in the West of the Centre of Warsaw area.
- Design of “GEBO” building (nowadays GUSS-EX) performing both commercial and office functions of area 6 000 m2 situated in Aleje Jerozolimskie / Jutrzenki Street in Warsaw.
- Design of apartment and office building at 12/14 Grzybowska Street of total area 18 000 m2.
- Design of apartment, office and service building at 3 a Grzybowska Street of total area 20 000 m2.
- Design of office and service building DBC situated at Domaniewska Street of total area 41 500 m2 (construction has been started in March 2014).
Among the developed projects ready for implementation should be enumerated the following:
- Office and retail and service building CBD situated on the subway station in Warsaw at Marszałkowska / Swiętokrzyska Street of total area 24 000 m2 (which due to the complicated legal situation of possession of land and changes in ownership of the investor in the company, was not in the current investment plans).
In the course of development projects are:
- altitude building residential and commercial GT located at 11 Grzybowska Street of total area 29 000 m2
- TTC team of high-rise buildings of hotel-office functions and service located at Chałbińskiego Street (initial phase) of total area 260 000 m 2.
All of the designs were developed in very complex urban location of the center of Warsaw, where amount of engineering, communication and installation obstructions problems – in the context of high expectations from authorities architectural architectural solutions - is significant. Authorities expectations in the area of architectural solutions are also large.
Numerously redesigned road layouts, pedestrian roads, main installation network, target visions of significant urban frontage were painted to seamlessly enter into the urbanistic structure.
Architectural solutions and their projects are the result of creative and practical experience of authorship that can be included in the following priorities:
- respect for town-planning context
- solicitude for image of the building and esthetics of architectural solutions
- optimization of functional systems
- high efficiency of technical solutions
- economic efficiency of construction costs and maintenance costs.
BPA J&J is an architectural entity cooperating with the best technological offices of various branches both Polish and foreign.
The authorship team J&J takes pride in their many years professional practice of smooth and effective cooperation with foreign counterparts, designing offices, development companies and construction companies to guarantee the highest quality of project realization.
List of foreign design offices, development companies, investors and contractor enterprises that authorship team BPA J&J has cooperated with:
- BPA BYGGPRODUKTION AB - STOCKHOLM
- CEMENTATION INTERNATIONAL LIMITED – LONDON
- RENTON HOWARD WOOD LEVIN PARTNERS – LONDON
- UNIVERSALE BAU – VIENNA
- ILBAU – VIENNA
- TS ARCHITEKTUR BURO – VIENNA
- A. PORR – VIENNA
- CBC – PARIS – BOULOGNE
- WARIMPEX HANDELS AG – VIENNA
- BOUYGES – CHALLENGER - PARIS
- A. EPSTEIN AND SONS INTERNATIONAL INC - CHICAGO
- EPSTEIN ENGINEERING EXPORT LTD - CHICAGO
- GOLUB & CO - CHICAGO
- KOHN PEDERSEN FOX ASSOCIATES PC - NEW YORK
- HOCHTIEF BUILDING – ESSEN
- HOCHTIEF DEVELOPMENT – POLAND
- RKW – RHODE, KELLERMAN, WAWROSKI – DUSSELDORF
- UNIWERSALE INTERNATIONAL - VIENNA
This cooperation allowed authorship accept modern methods of work organization and supervision of project implementation.
BPA J&J works with leading experts in the field of investment, legal, scientific and technological units with recognized experts in the field of research – construction, implementation of new technology, economics and ecology in order to obtain the highest values of the functional and technical performance of the proposed objects. BPA J&J also works with universities on the architectural and artistic profile.
BPA J & J has the knowledge and proven experience in the design of high-rise buildings. Building heights constituted and is a priority in all project activities and investment of both authors.
Authors of years working with Counsil on Tall bildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) an international organization headquartered in Chicago, whose main aim is to spread knowledge on high buildings and sustainable urban development.
Currently, BPA J&J is working on the initiation of the largest programmatically and spatially office-hotel complex, whose distinctive composition constitutes the two skyscrapers (with an average height of over 200 m), held together by engineering design in the form of a dominant of the mast. Implementation of this team building, codenamed Twin Towers Center [TTC], will introduce into the architectural center of Warsaw significant dominant altitude and spatial another investment balancing dominance - which continues to this day - the Palace of Culture and Science.
arch. Jerzy Janczak
arch. Jerzy Skrzypczak